Tuesday 24 December 2019

DECEMBER '19


I started visiting Banks Street Reserve about two years ago, discovering how the birdlife of a suburban park changes through the seasons has been an amazing experience so far, it has greatly enriched my knowledge, awareness and pleasure for birds and nature. This December post will not have many photos since I left for a holiday on the 6th, nevertheless, my first week of December at Banks Street Reserve gave me a few surprises, starting with amazing views of this beautiful White-throated Nightjar, a nocturnal bird which sleeps on the ground or on branches during the day, relying on its outstanding camouflage to avoid being detected.

I would like to thank all the people who follow this blog, it's very nice meeting some along the tracks. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year. I will keep blogging again in late January.

Matteo




























Pacific Heron

Rufous Night-heron

My first sighting of the Pacific Swift, coming from the northern hemisphere.

Dollarbird

Australian Boobook

Shining Bronze-cuckoo

Common Myna

Silvereye

Red-backed Fairywren

Eastern Koel, male.

Spangled Drongo

A young Kookaburra recently fledged.




No comments:

Post a Comment